Home › Childcare, Schools, & Community
Childcare, Schools, & Community
Submitted by admin on Fri, 10/17/2008 - 11:53am
Tips and tools to teens work well in their daily environments and help parents, childgivers, and professionals prepare for a child with special health care needs adjust and interact in childcare, school, and their community.
- Childcare and the ADA: find information and resources about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and childcare for professionals and families.
- Early Intervention and Education Resources: learn about services if you have concerns about your child’s development, or educational needs as they relate to disability, health or specially designed instruction and find Washington State educational resources.
- When Your Child With Special Needs Goes to School: a list of things to help parents of children with special needs prepare for school.
- From Hospital to School: a planning checklist and helpful parent tips to make a child's transition from hospitalization back to school more manageable.
- Dental Care for Children with Special Needs: learn about children with special needs' unique oral health issues, tips for a healthy mouth, and how to find and prepare for a dental visit.
- Safety Tips: find information and tips for a variety of different diagnoses and situations such as car safety, water safety, fire safety, and playground safety.
- Internet Safety Tips for Teens: tips on how teens can protect their personal privacy and stay safe online when connecting with others on the internet.
- Employment for Teens: basics tips and resources for teens with special health care needs who are looking for their first job.
- Talking with Health Care Professionals for Teens: be confident when talking with your doctor. Helpful tips for what teens should do before, during, and after the appointment.
- Talking With Parents for Childcare Professionals: find resources, information and tips for childcare professionals who communicate with parents and caregivers of children with special needs.